The staff of Maison Jérôme strives to promote:
- life as a group, while respecting individual rights,
- full community inclusion,
- development of individual talents,
- sharing of in-house responsibilities,
- personal responsibility,
- decision making,
- inner and outer personal control.
The ultimate goal of all this is to bring each resident to his/her own personal potential.
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION
a) Applicant should be 21 years of age, or over.
b) Priority will be given to French speaking applicants from the
Municipality of Clare.
c) Diagnosis should include mild mental challenge.
d) Applicant should be eligible to participate in day program.
PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION
Any person wishing to place someone in Maison Jérôme may apply to the director, who will explain the legal procedure:
- The application must be presented, by the guardian, to the individual's social worker.
- The candidate will be referred, by the social worker, to placement officers of Community Services for assessment.
- Once the assessment is completed the candidate will then be placed on a waiting list of the Municipal Social Service.
- When vacancies arise, in Maison Jérôme, the executive director will contact local Social Services to obtain a list of potential candidates, and obtain relevant information.
- The information will be reviewed by the Chair of the Admission Committee along with the Executive director and the supervisor. If for unforeseen reasons, the admission becomes controversial, the board of directors will, as a group, take the final decision.
- From there on, all legal procedures will be followed according to government regulations.
Return to About us